The first 6 months of employment for new staff is probation period. If the performance is satisfactory, at the end of the probation period, the Principal will declare the probation period and regularise the staff concerned. If the performance is not satisfactory the probation period can be extended or the services of the staff concerned can be terminated.
A written performance appraisal will be completed annually for all regular staff. Dean/HoDs/Principal will discuss the appraisal with the staff and he/she will be given the opportunity to add his/her comments. The purpose of the appraisal is to let the appraisee know your strengths, make suggestions for improvements, and to establish mutually agreed upon goals and objectives for the upcoming year.
The College is committed to assisting staff in their professional development and to improving their job performance. Training programs are coordinated by the Principals Office. Vice Principal is responsible for on-the-job training
Staff may be terminated by giving one month notice on grounds of non-performance and discipline charges. Staff can also be given instant dismissal on matters of grave discipline charges and moral grounds.
Staff, who voluntarily resign will have to give at least two months' notice in writing of their intent to reign from service.
Teachers should be present at College not later than 09:20. Teachers should sign the attendance book on their arrival in the morning and before leaving in the afternoon. They will have to sign in and sign out at electronic counter as well.
The Staff are not be allowed to leave the College Campus during working hours except with the permission of the Principal/Vice principal.
Class Mentors/Teachers should attend the Morning Prayer in their respective classes.
Absence due to illness
A teacher who is absent on grounds of illness should notify the Principal/Dean/HoD on the first day of absence. A teacher who is absent on ground of illness for more than two consecutive days should produce a Medical Certificate to that effect on the third day of absence.
- There will be 15 casual leave in a calendar year. As a general rule a teacher shall take one casual leave a month (except in special circumstances). Casual leave should be applied for and approved by the Principal.
- In cases of emergency casual leave can be availed over phone and the teacher concerned shall submit the leave form the day he/she comes back college for duty.
- Unauthorized leave will not be approved and will be treated as leave without salary.
- Permission to leave College premises during working hours is granted by the Principal.
- Whenever permission is granted, an entry should be made in the Movement Register provided in the Office.
Teachers should submit their weekly notes to the Dean/HoD/Principal on their arrival at the school in the morning on the first working day of every week.
Discipline in classrooms
- No teacher is allowed to smoke or do private reading (newspapers, etc) while he is in charge of a class.
- No teacher is allowed to leave his class unattended (except in urgent needs).
Teachers should substitute their colleagues, in case of absences and engage the students by conducting class.
Extracurricular activities form part of the duty. Teachers should therefore collaborate whenever their services are required for such activities.